Quiz: 2023.11.16 Quiz (Intermediate)
In physics, resonance is a phenomenon in which a vibrating system or external force drives another system to oscillate with greater amplitude at specific frequencies. This watch takes advantage of this physics phenomenon and made two resonating balances to offer better stability of rate and higher precision; connected by the patented clutch spring. This unique piece places the emphasis on the watch’s most remarkable feature: the visible dual balances oscillating in resonance. The yellow gold plating and the special matt decoration finish are highlighting the vintage style of this timepiece. The dial offers two “Email Main Grand Feu” subdials for time displays: Roman numerals dominate the off-center subdial displaying hours and minutes in black with steel hands, while a classic railroad track marks the exact minutes. The smaller subdial at 7 o’clock displays seconds using only a baton-shaped hand and a simple track. The Armin Strom Mirrored Force was released in 2016, this year the Pure Resonance takes on a more simple approach by reducing a seconds counter. 42mm in Stainless steel. Manual winding movement; caliber ARF16 with 48-hour power reserve. Limited to 1pc. Priced at 62,000.00CHF
18k white gold case in 43.5mm. Manual winding tourbillon movement, completely handmade. The Hand Made 1 has been entirely created from scratch. The movement construction, traditional machining and hand-finishing specialists reflected at length on each of the 272 movement components and 36 case parts. In fact, this is an entirely handmade timepiece, from the movement to the case, to the leather strap, the dial and the hands -the only exceptions being the sapphire crystals, the case gaskets, the spring- bars, the jewels, and the mainspring. To achieve the 95% handmade level more than 6,000 hours of work for one single timepiece. To obtain the 308 components of the Hand Made 1 respecting Greubel Forsey criteria, over 800 individual parts had to be made. It took 35 times longer to make the complete tourbillon cage than for a standard high-end tourbillon. When just a dozen operations on an automatic lathe effortlessly yield some 500 screws, a single screw, as small as it may be, requires up to 12 individual operations taking up to 8 hours to make just one. To hand make one wheel of the Hand Made 1 takes 600 times longer than that of a high-end industrial wheel. Power reserve is at 60hrs Unique piece Price – Not available (likely around 800,000.00 CHF)
- Moser launched the Swiss Alp Watch Final Upgrade in February this year; and at the Watches and Wonders Shanghai 2021, they launched a unique and highly symbolic piece.
- The watch is almost identical to the earlier Swiss Alp Watch Final Upgrade, except this unique piece has the hour and minute hands taken away.
- Stainless steel with black DLC coating case, 38.2 mm x44 mm x 10.3 mm. It features a Vantablack® dial in its Concept version, with no logo or indices nor hands.
- Manual winding In-house Moser caliber HMC 324, featuring the signature Straumann balance spring with Breguet overcoil and Moser interchangeable escapement.
- Power reserve is 4 days Unique piece / auctioned on JD.com Sold for 388,000RMB / 59,700USD
- 18k white gold case set with diamonds, on the watch head, 178 diamonds at 20.39cts, on the bracelet 180 dialmonds at 21.12cts. paired with turquoise dial.
- Unique Piece
This watch features a manually wound AK-03 movement, as the name suggested; the watch is a Tourbillon, a jumping hour and a chiming watch. Between 12 and 6, the chiming mechanism, jumping hour mechanism and the tourbillon are stacked on top of each other. hand-engraved inscriptions, and 56 inwards polished angles that is polished by hand; not machine! Black steel case in 43mm; priced at 180,000.00 CHF
Grade 5 Titanium case in 42mm, thickness is 16mm. It has a unique date display at 5 o’clock, and a very interesting Memo function to remind the wearer of a single event daily. Movement is the caliber DMC16, a hand-wound movement with 342 components and a power reserve of 168 hours. Limited to 88 pieces. Priced at 68,000.00CHF
7750 based Graham’s calibre G1747 – a 25-jewel automatic chronograph with a 30-minute counter, 28,800BPH. Carbon fiber case at 47mm – under 100gram weight. Limited to 50pcs. Priced at US$11,550.00
Romain Gauthier Logical One was launched in 2013, this one is a 18k white gold (2015) with a 43mm diameter. Movement is wound by a push-button with innovative chain-and-fusee style constant force system, 46hrs power reserve. The movement is in 4.5N rose gold treated. The Logical One was the winner for the Best Men’s Complication of 2013 Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève. Priced at 125,000CHF
- The original YachtinGraf was launched in 1969; this new re-edition was launched at the BaselWorld.
- Case is in stainless steel at 39mm.
- Movement is an automatic chronograph Cal.7753.
- Priced at 2,800.00€
– Mythological Times. Kronos was one of the chief gods of Greek mythology, who with his hour glass personified time and with his scythe, fate. The dial of this model depicts a young woman vainly pursuing eternal youth while Kronos inexorably fulfils his mission. Enamel painting by Shinji Himeno. 40mm in stainless steel case. ETA 2892A2 – Automatic movement with 42 hours power reserve. Limited to 100 piece. Priced at 8,800.00 CHF