Chanel J12 Diamond Tourbillon (2022)
- This is the first flying tourbillon caliber Chanel has made in-house.
- The concept of this watch was to insert the biggest possible solitaire diamond onto the tourbillon carriage, which sets a new heights for tourbillon appreciation.
- Because of technical challenges, a special diamond cut was developed with 65 facets, to ensure that the reflections from the diamond set into the cage were perfectly calibrated to the 60-second rotation, creating the most dazzling effect.
- The frame that surrounds the cage is also set with 26 brilliant-cut diamonds, creating the affect that the solitaire is flying above a circle of diamonds.
- The bezel is paved with 34 baguette-cut diamonds (or, in the second model, 34 black ceramic baguettes).
- Manual winding flying tourbillon movement made in-house Calibre 5.
- This is the 5th Chanel in house movement; the design of the movement also reflect Chanel’s haute couture aesthetic, from the rubies that are rounded and placed in a unique positions to the outer edge of the baseplate that appears to be trimmed, the architecture and composition of the movement are just as elegant as the appearance of the watch itself.
- Power reserve is Limited to 55pcs on each version.
- Two versions are available; matt black ceramic and steel, with a bezel set with ceramic baguettes, or glossy black ceramic and 18K white gold, with baguette-cut diamond-set bezel, both are in 38mm case.